Friday, May 2, 2014

Tribulation 

Tribulation 

Aged 15 i was visited by demons in the night
They challenged me with torment in a game of death... For life
They handed me the pills and as I swallowed one by one
I found myself distorted as the demons had their fun
I petrified my insides when the bottle was no more
The demons sat observing as the tablets went to war
Lying there unconscious in my terrifying dreams
A story of a life that had no point or other means
The demons rubbed their hands as they believed they'd won that night
They gloried as my skin had turned a bluer shade of white
And as the new day rose it seemed to be the final day
The ending of a boy who'd left the rails and run astray
Surrounded in its filth the body was lifted from the bed
A slow and feeble heartbeat were the signs it wasn't dead
The swift and speedy journey gave the demons cause to sweat
The soul inside the dying boy refused to give up yet
Strip-lights zipped above his head and buzzing filled his ears
No memories to remember just a child's unwanted years
But something in him burned as though the odds were on his side
That "something" gave him strength... and this is not the place I died
I woke in screaming agony as fire torn through my veins
My insides wore their battle scars with all the aches and pains
The demons stopped their screaming and when silence filled the air
I knew that I had beaten them and crawled out from their lair

No comments:

Post a Comment