Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Visit 


The Visit 

I stopped by to visit an old friend today
A colourful path led me there all the way
The flowers swayed freely, their scent ever sweet
A beautiful rainbow right there at my feet
I climbed up the steps before spiralling down
Framed by the tree trunks so rugged and brown
Arms greeting sunshine they reached to the sky
The rays of the sun shook their branches from high
I followed the pathway that whispered to me
A guidance from gulls and the songs of the sea
I breathed in the air and replenished my heart
It beat with the earth in which I was a part
I finally approached... could my friend still be there?
I call by again just to show that I care
I look high above and my face brings a smile
I sit down to rest and just gazed for awhile
There on the cliff face the tree safely sits
I'm amazed how a soul carries on... Never quits
The winter was harsh as this friend of mine knows
It took courage to stand all the pummelling blows
The seas they had risen and battered and bruised
To fall from the ridge had been bravely refused
And there in the sunshine it sits ever proud
A bragging of sorts in this case is allowed
As inspiration comes from the smallest of things
This tree on a ridge in a life where it clings
Inspired me to write all the pleasure its brought
And gave me the words to plant into your thought

No comments:

Post a Comment