Saturday, May 24, 2014

Friends

Friends

When you called out my name did you think that I'd come?
Did it cross your mind I might turn and run?
If I lied, said I came as I needed a friend
Would you try to oblige and pretend
As I am the one who did answer your call
The one that you'd treat as a fool
As when I needed you, you were gone like a shot
And "No" was the answer that I got

When you wanted advice and I gave you my thoughts
Did it please you that I took the time?
If I spoke how I felt, if I talked outta line
Well I guess I was speaking my mind
But I was the one that did try helping you
And when I needed someone to help me!
You just walked away, you slammed my door shut
And "No" was the answer that I got

When I cried at your grave watched the flowers wilt and die
I wonder did you ever hear me sigh?
As I am the only one who comes around here
Sometimes I ask myself the reasons why
As I know that you would forget about me
I'd be the last friend you'd think to see
So maybe you are thinking you're the only friend I've got!
"Well no... but I'm the only one YOU'VE got"


No comments:

Post a Comment