Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Un-Published 

Un-Published 

Does anyone really know me?
The things that I think... The dreams that I dream
Does anyone really give a damn?
That I may not be all that I seem!
Behind the mask that I wear so well
Would you warrant me worthy as "friend!"
Or would you just tag along with "ol' what's his name"
And politely, discreetly, pretend!
Maybe I might just surprise you...
Be more humble than you ever thought
And the love and laughter that true friends bring
Are the qualities I myself brought
You see... I'm the tatty old book that was tossed to the side
That has never been published to read
Yet you find yourself drawn as you gaze at a page
And its outcome is something you need
Does anyone really want to know me?
Will I ever be truly your friend?
If you continue my life from the lines in between
Your conclusion shall come at the end

No comments:

Post a Comment