Friday, May 23, 2014

Fireside Friend 

Fireside Friend 

Come gather round the fire 
I got somethin' to tell
These flames that do warm you 
Once burned in my hell
These flickering shadows
That dance at your feet
Don't get any closer or you'll die in the heat
A demon once told me
He would mess with my brain
His constant remarks
Did drive me insane
But I took him aside
So that others won't hear
And I told him his torment was not what I fear
He then left me in silence
And I thought that I'd won
Without his demands
I did lower my gun
These flames that burn brightly
These shadows you see
Are all that is left of the devil in me
Now I called you to tell you
That my contract is signed
But I still need a friend
And if you'd kindly mind
My story may scare you
It may fill you with fright
But I promise that I'll keep you warm every night

No comments:

Post a Comment