Friday, May 23, 2014

The Wind Shall Turn 

The Wind Shall Turn 

You're rich and you show it so that others might see
You think that your wealth can intimidate me
Well I want you to know that I'd hate to be you
As I could not do to others all the hurt that you do
You reap the rewards from another mans seeds
You'd take his hard labour to enhance your own needs
But your needs they are pointless, they are not aimed to please
You'd rather buy a new car than to help cure disease 
When you are a-sleepin' do you dream of you wealth?
Do you tally your fortune? That you keep for yourself
You just don't realise that you could help a soul
If you hadn't made greed your life's ultimate goal
But you will die the same, and your plastic will melt
It's a pity you'll not know just how burning felt
Your ashes will blow... And the wind it shall turn
Then you'll know what it's like when your spirit returns
You will wished that you'd helped more in your previous life
That you'd helped save another instead of going under a knife
You paid to get ugly and I hope you do see
That your coffin was not worth the life of a tree
And I hope that you feel it, that every tear counts
The money you squandered in obscene amounts
I hope never find you when you hold out your hand
And those pains deep inside make you then understand

No comments:

Post a Comment