Wednesday, February 8, 2017

To Find a Smile


I've been away awhile...

In search to find a missing smile

I walked a lonely path

Where demons dared to laugh

With every twist and turn
A choice to crash or burn
Intent to carry on
Avoid of any harm

A scream from deep within...
Like a high string on a violin 
Although clearly heard
I struggled undeterred 
When the road came to its end 
I had a mountain to ascend 
Every step in getting there
Was one step to repair 

And then as if by chance
I raised my head for the slightest glance
A star fell from the sky
It had no need for an alibi 
As everything must fall
However big, however small
And so i smiled again...
Although this smile was one of pain  

So when i feel it gets too much
That any hope seems out of touch
I think about that tragic star
And how it came to fall so far
It was its course... Its destiny
Much like the one once given me
What ever up it must come down
A smile found in a fallen frown

No comments:

Post a Comment