Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The Overdose


All the bees inside my head...
Warned me i was nearly dead

Screaming loudly from the numbness deep inside
On the very night they say i should have really died

The lights above me zipping by...
This angel had no wings to fly 

The pills i'd swallowed now the bitter taste of fear
When mixed with sadness they had left me lying here 

And then the darkness closed me in...
It stole the colour from my skin

I slipped into a long and agonizing sleep
A labyrinth of nightmares in a hell forever deep

The whitest sheets upon the bed...
The dyed black hair upon my head

My vacant eyes now opened much to all surprise 
Like a woken night sky just before a new sunrise 

And then the bees had flown away... I'd lived another day... So they say!

No comments:

Post a Comment