Monday, February 13, 2017

Of All The Girls

Of all the girls i've known before 
It's you the one i thought of 
I saw your eyes and knew... 
that this is what it's like to be in love
I dreamed about you many times 
I pulled you from the water 
And held you in my arms then cried...
"Thank god it's me that caught ya!"
You were drifting to another place
A land beyond the calling sea
Far enough to take you...
where you"d never be alone with me 
I woke to find you lying here
Naked at my side
I sat and stroked your pretty hair
Before i gently cried 
Because my dreaming was so real
Was it thoughts that you were feeling?
A secret locked away inside 
That you had been concealing 
I could never love another 
You are all i ever wished for 
And if truth be known
My wish came true and you were so much more...
than any gift that's ever given 
I often compliment the angels 
Who surely placed you here with me
Surrounding you in candles 
That burn within the midnight hour
With ghosts upon the ceiling 
Watching every move you make
Incase you thought of leaving 
But you open up your tired eyes 
Just like the day that's dawning 
And roll into my loving arms 
Where you stay until the morning 
I wake and smell the coffee 
That she pours me everyday
And all my fears and worries... drift away  

No comments:

Post a Comment