Friday, February 17, 2017

The Stranger


You're asking to me to set you free 
I'm not the man you think you see 
I'm someone who will put your life in danger 
I'm begging you, please treat me as a stranger
I beg of you, please treat me as a stranger

You built a boat in which to sail
From splintered wood and rusty nails 
You said the parts were salvaged from a manger 
But I beg of you, don't put your life in danger
Please hear the words now spoken from a stranger

I've shaved my beard and cut my hair 
I can't remember my last prayer
Why would you come to think that I'm your saviour?
I'm nothing but a hobo and a stranger 
I am nothing but a passerby and stranger  

I travel on this lonely road 
No baggage but a heavy load
If i had money i would place a wager
You'd never guess how many need a saviour?
And i'd bet my life I really am a stranger

So I'm asking you to set you free 
I thank you for your company 
I must be on my way, have a good day sir
Just pass me by as though i were a stranger 
Just pass me by and say you met a stranger

No comments:

Post a Comment