Sunday, February 5, 2017

Superman


I sat outside beneath the stars 
And drawn toward the moon
I heard a voice within my head
Said "I will be there soon"
I saw a shooting star cascade 
It lit up all the sky
A tear welled up inside of me
Then spilled out from my eye

And in that light the voice returned
It told me not to fear
That soon the darkness in my soul
Would fade and disappear 
And then he told me i was..............
............................................................
............................................................
............................................................
And then he told me i was... beautiful
Beneath the stars so bright
He said he'd seen the man i am
When caught beneath the light

And like the shooting star itself
He fell before me here
As promised all anxieties 
Would fade and disappear 
He saw my smile and wiped away
The blood upon my cheek
There were no words of pity 
I was dumb and couldn't speak 
And at that moment, there and then 
The healing soon began 
I was standing here with Jesus
Who was dressed like Superman 

No comments:

Post a Comment