Friday, February 17, 2017

Pretty Little Head

I did not think to ask you your name
It seemed we'd known each other long
I thought i'd seen that pretty little head  
It's not often that i am proved wrong
Didn't we once sail the seas on a clipper ship?
Or was that a memory i once caused to sink 
Maybe it was in some seedy motel room
If you'd just give me a moment to think!
I seem to remember those cherry red lips 
Although lines from your years i've not noticed before
You wear them so well with such elegant grace
If you don't mind me saying, you would suit a few more 
Weren't we beggars awhile in years distant past?
Wearing rags that dressed only our shivers at night 
Where all that we had was nothing but us
And we bathed in day under anything light
Maybe it was Eden where i first saw your face!
Was it there that i tasted your warm tender kiss?
You were the fruit that was strictly forbidden 
But one that i could not resist 
I guess that my memory just isn't that good
And i suppose that all past is now slipping away
But i know you from somewhere! Do you mind if i ask?
What name are you using today?

No comments:

Post a Comment