Saturday, February 4, 2017

The Box


I open the lid of this little brown box

I'll paint it in turquoise and purple one day
And fill with the things that remind me of you
In case you should go on your way
If you should............go away

These things that i keep are my treasures of you
A photo of us in our vibrant years
A kiss from the past that shall always remain
Now soaked in the stains of my tears
Soaked in the stains of my tears

A lipstick you lost that i had all along
Your lips on the red hold the taste of your love
I'll tie it in ribbon with all that i have
And i'll store it in clouds high above
I'll store it in clouds up above

Patchouli scented, i place back the lid
I hug it and fill it with beats from my heart
So when we are old and i open the box
I will show we were never apart
And you'll still hear the beat of my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment