Monday, October 16, 2017

Man From Nowhere


I heard the wind a-screaming 
Like a dog caught on a barbed wire fence 
A howling that could chill the soul 
A crying so intense 
I pulled my coat around me 
But i couldn't keep the freezing wind
From rattling my bones and penetrating my defense 
And so i travelled endlessly 
The moon my only shelter 
As i made my way to anywhere 
Amidst this bastard storm 
And then the rain came pissing down 
I thought that i was sure to drown 
The rain it gathered round my head 
Like insects in a swarm 
The mud beneath my aching feet 
It seemed to drag me down beneath
Like demons clawing at me
From the dense and sticky soil 
I battled with those demons and i left them in my footprints
As this journey was becoming more 
A sacrificial toil
I never found nirvana 
But i found a place to rest my head 
The storm it blew a farewell kiss and died without a fight
And when i woke up screaming it was obvious 
That nothing changed 
Today i had to struggle with the hot unholy light 
The sun it was a-beating down 
It scorched much like the fires of hell 
And so i travelled on and on 
With still no place to dwell 
This story does not have an end 
It's just about a man from nowhere 
So i say goodbye to you
My one and only friend 

No comments:

Post a Comment