Monday, November 12, 2018

The Fool You Became


I never did like ya
And maybe you knew
The worst parts of me... Ha, remind me of you
Those dark inner demons
That slipped from my tongue
Were right, even when I was wrong
And those hate filled eyes...
That stare into space
The sultry look, that resides on your face
But now that I'm older, I see it all clear
I don't hate you, its me that I fear
And I don't care...
So go on your way
Have a safe journey
And have a good day
But believe me... You'll turn out the same
And I'll be the one you will blame, for the fool that you one day became
The way you walk
With that swagger of mine
Your breath much the same, smells of Thunderbird wine
The girls that you dated...  I'd been there before
They all wanted me, so they knocked on your door
And here you are...
You're just like a clown
A clown, is all that I see
I'm wondering still, why you can't be yourself?
And why would you wanna be me?
When I'm just a guy, who lost all he had
A little bit crazy, a little bit mad
I should be more angry, but find that I'm not
Content now with all that I've got
And I don't care...
So go on your way
Have a safe journey
And have a great day
But believe me... You'll turn out the same
Though you'll be the one who's to blame, for the fool that you one day became

No comments:

Post a Comment