Tuesday, October 17, 2017

True Love


I said that i could die for you
Though i did not say i would 
But you've hurt me one too many times 
So maybe now i should
Is that what you expect from me?
Would that be your desire?
To hang right here in front of you
And dangle from this wire

You said that you'd do anything 
You said you loved me so 
You'd walk through hell and back again
So that's where you should go
It's not that i don't love you dear
I'm just so hard to please 
So i'll mutter a little player for you
While I'm down here on my knees 

I'll not forgive you handsome one 
I've loved you oh so long 
And with every step on this ladder high
I will curse you every rung
This wire i shall wrap around 
And jump so you shall see 
You'll never find a truer love
Who will please as much as me

I'll sit and watch you darlin'
And marvel as you sway 
As love has never meant so much
Until this fucking day 
Please leave your eye's wide open dear
So that you might see me cry 
As i'll love you now forevermore
Of that i'll not deny 

I'll sway for you forever dear
I'll haunt you as you sleep
And drown you in my flowing tears 
This promise i shall keep
And when you join me once again 
Our love shall always be
Together we will walk through hell
For all eternity 

No comments:

Post a Comment