Sunday, October 15, 2017

The Visitors


I'm gonna tell you my story... 
Well it's more a heinous crime
It all started with a woman 
Who i swore forever mine 
I followed her one evening 
Where she disappeared from view 
Confirming my suspicions 
All the accusations true 

I waited under lamplight 
And if you listen to me friend 
You may understand my reason 
It's not hard to comprehend 
I watched her walk back out the door 
And scurry through the night 
I had a cigarette to calm my nerves 
Until the time was right 

Well i crept through that door 
Much like a thief... You understand! 
A knife clenched in the fingers 
Of my numb and steady hand 
I looked around the confides 
Of the small disheveled room 
I smelled the filthy stench of her
That cheap as her perfume 
Well he lay there in the crumpled sheets 
So satisfied and still 
Contented with betrayal 
And the cheapest form of thrill 
I stood there for a while 
Breathing silently and calm 
Remembering my visit here 
Was purely just to harm 

He didn't see me strike 
But saw the glint upon my blade 
I sat beside him on the bed 
And heard the noises that he made 
A gurgling of horror 
As his hands grasped at his throat 
His chances of survival 
Were increasingly remote
I sat awhile... Maybe more 
As i wanted him to see
The reason he was dying now
Was not the fault of me 
But that of course, his visitor 
The one who brought me here 
"And will be mine forevermore"
I whispered in his ear

I sneaked out from the doorway 
And lit another cigarette 
To satisfy the pleasure 
That all killers seem to get 
I headed home uncertain 
If i'd find her there at home 
But smiled upon returning
To see her lying all alone 
I curled up close and comfortable
She smelled so sweet, her skin was clean
She never even asked me where i was, or where i'd been 
I smiled at her with innocents, and saw excitement in her eyes 
Then made love to this angel in my devilish disguise 

No comments:

Post a Comment