Sunday, February 2, 2014

Letting Go

Letting Go 


How does a father let his daughter go?
When did she grow? 

"Hmm... I don't know"

When did she spread her wings to fly away?

Was she not tiny... Just yesterday!

How does a father just release her hand?
"It's a hard, hard life
... Does she understand?"
Will she find home in places she shall live? 
What advice does a father give!

When did another man fill her heart?
Take my world...
Pull us apart
He, who loves the woman that I do not see
This child that had needed me

Yet once I, was so little too... and I needed to be set free!
Free to roam... Free to learn... Free to find the man in me

But... 
How does a father let her walk that road
Not there to take her hand... and hold
See her through miles where even he did fail
When he walked his chosen trail

All that I pray is... "Please watch over her...
Be her guide... comfort her"
And if she should need a place... At anytime
"Her home... is this heart of mine"

No comments:

Post a Comment