Sunday, February 2, 2014

Father to Son

Father to Son

I see me in you...
Although that boy... He wasn't  loved like you
He wore eyes like yours that would brightly shine
You even carry a heart... As i once carried mine!
You... The absolute strength in me
I wonder who you'll turn out to be?
I have faith in you... to do all that you can
To be an honest and hard working man
You... A son and a fathers pride
Can walk through your  life without having to hide
As you were needed... You helped save this soul
And you are my ultimate goal
One in which i'll support 'til end
A son that a father can call a friend
As you filled my life... Bringing so much joy
Repairing this once broken boy

2 comments:

  1. A superb poem Ian, Well done. I also prefer the font o this post, it works better than that use on your other posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers John. The font was pure accident but I agree with you and have changed my other posts too

    ReplyDelete