Thursday, November 2, 2017

Fall Apart


I see her fall apart...
But there is nothing i can do to ease her pain
I'm too ashamed that she has come undone by me again 
She smashes everything at hand
She claws the badly painted walls
I want to reach out to her 
And catch her as she falls

But all i do is watch her 
As she screams out something i can't hear
Her words they flow so freely but they somehow disappear 
The shadows they drip everywhere 
I call her name but she's not there 
Her eyes... Just look at me and stare

And then she rushes up to me
I pull her closely to my chest 
Her heart beats heavy next to mine beneath her trembling breast 
She cries upon my shoulder
Like this pain she feels is something new 
And then she catches me 
Before i fall to pieces too 

No comments:

Post a Comment