Monday, August 22, 2016

An Ending

She moved just like a glazier set adrift on freezing water
She had much to tell and yet no words came dripping from her tongue 
It seemed her heart had melted, 'though until this very moment
She was not prepared to live a life where she did not belong 
I stood before her, smiled, as if her tears had never mattered 
Standing on the drops that soaked the linoleum floor 
I built a barricade of sorts, my body was a wall
In which it's structure stood between her and the freedom of the door
I took her by the wrist, I felt her tremble and resist
Before I held her hand upon my heart so she could feel my fear
I found it hard to breathe but found it harder to believe 
That we had lived so long within this atmosphere  
I longed for her to kiss me but her head just turned away
As though I wasn't even worthy anymore 
This barricade fell easily with just a single glance 
I moved aside and sadly watched her as she flowed out of the door

No comments:

Post a Comment