Saturday, March 22, 2014

From Then... To Now


From Then... To Now

So today is the day I reach my fiftieth year
From my birth and the times in between 
In those fifty years, well... I should have learnt something!
From all the things that I've done and I've seen!
I see fifty as a strange kind of blessing 
As being born  "fucked ups" prodigal son
I returned to depression on many a time
Never thinking id reach twenty-one!
By rights I should not really be here
But my appointments were cancelled you see
In youth I tried desperately to end all the crap
But even god turned his back upon me
Then before I knew it... I was twenty-one plus
In a time I spent mostly in haze
Pills and a bottle becoming my friends
In those darkening, desolate days
In my thirties my life, well... It had to change
As i had children depending on me
My life now made sense for the very first time
As my eyes had been opened to see
And then forty it just came a-tumbling along
With it's mythical "life begins now!"
My journey no longer an obstacle course  
How I got it here, I'll never know how!
But fifty IS here, and I feel so alive
Unlike that kid who had nothing but tears?
With age I have learned I am happy in life...
And cant wait for my following years

No comments:

Post a Comment