Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A World Mapped Out


A World Mapped Out 

I study the poster that highlights my wall
A map of the world and the home of us all
A place of such Beauty with so much to see
I imagine the places where I'd like to be

You see... My home is a pin prick 
Unnoticed by most
It has nothing to prove, not a thing it can boast
In fact its forgotten, when once it did shine
This island now lost in a different time

I gaze to America, the land of the free
A place so imprisoned, it's lost it's own key
Their fighting shall end with an enemy bigger
As they storm into heaven with hands on the trigger

I travel to Russia, whose heart has been sold
A place so depressing and violently cold
It's people so hard that they can't even smile
So rigid in form that they march every mile

The land of the Muslims will bring its own fate
The god that they bow too has filled them with hate
"How can a man not be in love with his wife?"
"And not give a damn for his own precious life?"

I move to Canada, a place that holds hope
But joined to American it may hang by their rope
As this beautiful place that is perfectly green
Can be easily made as unclean

Germany stands with the harshest of tongues
Its history remembered from all of its wrongs
I wonder... How could a nation consider the choice?
And follow the nightmares of a maniacs voice

I find Jerusalem, the land of all wars
How many have died and religion the cause?
This biblical land that has cried many tears
Surely punished enough over thousands of years

England the mighty that stands ever tall
The bricks of an empire designed not to fall
Now lies from its leaders so neatly suppressed 
Puts a proudest of people to test

My eyes travel too far...
I hang on a ledge
One blink more and I'll fall off the edge
A world mapped out is the sorriest sight
As nothing within it is right!

My picture seems bleak... is there anyplace good?
I started out dreaming, where I'd go if I could
But my eyes keep returning to a pin prick alone
My tiny, once beautiful home

No comments:

Post a Comment