Monday, April 24, 2017

Poet To Poet


I bet you wish i'd go away
And come back on a brighter day
Then write about the birds and bees
Of swaying flowers, leafy trees 
Or maybe how the sunshine glows 
How sea might feel upon my toes
But here i am and here i'll stay
"I WILL NOT go away!"
I write about the things i see
About the fears concerning me
The truth is what I'm here to tell
You know me oh so well!
I may be morbid, always dark
My purpose to ignite a spark
That sets alight your cozy place
And slaps you in the face
So wake up poets, look around! 
There's blood upon your flowered ground 
And bombs fall from your sunny sky
As starving, broken children cry 
I cannot close my eyes to this 
Your happy ditti's take the piss
Of every teardrop ever spilt 
As dying flowers wilt 

No comments:

Post a Comment