Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Crash


I take one more mouthful of Jacky D... and swallow. It spills from my mouth like a fuel pump overflowing from a tank that won't take another drop more. This body is full, and blood is minimal... I am now running on JD alone. A car crash ready to happen.
I drive myself along a footpath, Feeling more like a bumper car than a cadillac. My lights don't work and everything's a blur. People walk by, avoiding the maniac behind the wheel who can't control his vehicle... Surely he will collide with someone!
I light a Silk Cut red, with the flick of a thumb, The Zippo sets my innards alight and fire rages through my veins. And out from my lungs smoke flows as it would from any inferno.
For a moment, i look up at the sky. And then everything makes sense... This vehicle has already crashed. Stars hang around me like a cartoon character who has been hit by something ridiculous. The rabbit, cat, duck or wolf may have been hit by a rock, an ironing board, a freight train or a ten ton weight.
Me... I had been hit by life.

No comments:

Post a Comment