Friday, October 7, 2016

I Wonder If She'll Miss Me Come Tomorrow?

I wonder if she'll miss me come tomorrow?
Or feel the kiss I left her, with a sigh
I guess she'll never know, that when I quietly closed the door
I wiped away a teardrop from my eye
I know that she'll be strong, and she'll get over me
She'd never let her friends know of her pain
She'll smile and just pretend I'd never mattered
I'm hoping that she'll fall in love again
I'd told her from the start that I'd be leaving
That I'm not the kind to stick around too long
I warned her that my heart was not for loving 
Yet she came so close to prove my heart was wrong 
In years to come, I hope she might forgive me
And understand she nearly changed my mind
And with a smile she may remember sweetly
That in leaving I was only being kind 

No comments:

Post a Comment