Monday, October 17, 2016

Broken Children

My old man he wasn't much
But had the loudest laugh in town
Him a father? Not as such 
He'd turn my whole world upside down
His eyes like mine the colour blue
Were passed to him and then to me
But on my birth, or my debut 
A different world I'd see
The horrors that would come my way
I'd store them somewhere deep inside
But on occasions, like a play
They did not want to hide
And in my nightmares standing there
The very ghoul that I would fear
Would laugh out loud without a care
And whisper in my ear
"Hush little baby don't you cry
Nobody cares if you live or die"
Then laughter fills the room with dread
The room of fear within my head
The sheets I'd pull around me tight
While through the darkness shadows crept 
No comfort in the black of night
Where broken children slept

No comments:

Post a Comment