Monday, June 11, 2018

A Better Man


I never thought you'd leave me
Though i know i hurt you many times
This foolish man hell bent on telling lies
I saw the pain upon your face
And hung my head in such disgrace 
As love was all i saw within your eyes

I wake with every dawning new 
I turn my head to look at you
This lonely bed so empty you not here
The pillow that you slept on
Still lingers with your perfume 
But the scent of you will slowly disappear  

I promised you forever
And i swear that i meant every word 
But here i am, a sorry man inside 
I know i pushed you far away
So far that you could never stay
And how you feel is truly justified

Now lonely days turn nights alone
I long for you to come on home
Yet chances are that's something you won't do 
And soon enough you're sure to find 
A loving man who'll treat you kind 
A better man, and one that's made for you

No comments:

Post a Comment