Monday, January 8, 2018

Where Did You Go?


I know where you went to, but where did you go?
I guess if you told me, i'd still never know
Your nightmares continue, they'll always remain 
And although you're not bleeding, you still feel the pain

Who's war did you fight in? I'm really not sure
Did you honestly feel this was worth fighting for?
The enemy out there, were so much like you
They trembled inside much the same as you do

The bullets that dodged you, all carried your name
But the finger on trigger was not one of blame
Your government called you, and you chose to run 
No sane man would jump, and then pick up a gun 

In fields you remain, in the pits full of mud
You're drenched to the skin from the enemies blood 
No matter how hard you might scrub it away 
It will always return by the end of the day 

The war is now over, but never for you
You still clean the mud from the soles of your shoe
And while you lay dreaming, beware of the night 
As you'll never escape from the enemies sight


The scars that you carry, like scores on the skin 
Are maps from the battles you never did win 
This killing and dying makes no sense to me
A man that can kill he will never be free


I know where you went to, but where did you go?
I guess if you told me, i'd still never know
As war is for heroes who never return 
And it's something i don't have the courage to learn  

No comments:

Post a Comment