Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Passing Through


I sit here reminiscing 
Of days long in my past
Those years have travelled swiftly  
They've come and gone so fast 
Those times spent round the campfire 
Where flames danced through the night 
Leaving smoldering embers 
As dawn replaced its light 

Those friends who were my brothers
In caravans called home 
They were the closest family 
That this man had ever known 
We'd smoke what nature gave us 
While music filled the air 
What little we all had back then 
We'd find enough to share

We found a place to settle 
A road side with a view 
Beside a rolling river
Like us just passing through 
The hills a welcome shelter
From winters hard to bare
I'd never found a place called home
Like i had found right there 

That fire keeps on burning
It warms my soul and heart
That family still remains with me
However far apart
And like that river passing through
We'll meet again sometime
I'll keep our fire burning 
In this gypsy heart of mine

No comments:

Post a Comment