Sunday, November 20, 2016

Spirit Woman

I placed myself in front of her...
And looked at her and fell in love as I had done a million times for sure
I watched her as she sat... and I was mesmerised 
But then again...
So scared to see another side that I'd not seen before
She slipped into a calming trance
No drug fuelled beat or need to dance 
Just supple change in structure bringing spirit to her face
Contortion overwhelming, now a stranger sat before me 
Where the woman I adore had been within that very place
His breathing from her lips rolled deep
He'd woken from his passing sleep
His door had been unlocked and she had been the spirits key
I asked her "Please come back" and soon she opened up her eyes
Before returning to the woman who had proved herself to me 

No comments:

Post a Comment